Wallingford has plenty of exciting things to help keep children entertained. Please see below list of activities.
You can visit the Town Information Centre to pick up leaflets for places to visit and more information about the listed attractions.
Every effort has been made to provide correct details. No liability can be taken by Wallingford Town Council or Wallingford Town Information Centre on the standards or facilities at any of the Centre’s listed.
Please check visitor information and or booking requirements in advance of your trip.
Wallingford and local area
Boat Rides from Wallingford Bridge
Self drive to hire.
Book online by visiting the Pure Boating Website
Outdoor heated swimming pool
Visit the Riverside pool located in Crowmarsh Gifford. Lifeguards are on duty at the pool with regular swim sessions and lessons. Changing facilities available.
Opening times and further details can be found on the Better Leisure website
Outdoor Splash Pool
Water fun for younger children. Located Crowmarsh Gifford by the Riverside Pool.
For opening times and further details visit the Better Website
Visit Wallingford Museum located on the High Street. Free entry for children if accompanied by an adult. Where local history comes alive with lots of interactive exhibits for children to get involved in and fun.
Visit the Museum’s website for opening times and further information.
Wallingford Castle Gardens and Meadows
Amid the town hustle and bustle, the castle gardens are a peaceful spot on the site of the once medieval castle. Plenty of open green space and also sign and trails for the children to get involved with. Located via entrance at Bear Lane, Wallingford.
Visit our Castle Gardens and Meadows page for further information.
Big green space which is home to some of Wallingford’s big events such as Bunkfest and The Festival of Cycling. Once used as a grassed area originally for grazing cattle the Kinecroft offers a big space for kids to play or even a great spot for a picnic. A Saxon rampart can still be seen.
- Address : High Street, Wallingford.
The Bull Croft is lovely large park which has two play parks, one for younger and one for older children. There are also tennis and basketball courts which are free to everyone to use.
- Address : High Street, Wallingford.
Cholsey and Wallingford Railway
Volunteer Steam and Diesel rail line between Wallingford and Cholsey. Open on various weekends and for special events during the year, including teddy bears picnic and Santa trains for children.
Visit the Cholsey and Wallingford Railway website for further information and opening times.
An environmental learning charity who manage Wallingford Castle Meadows and Wittenham Clumps.
Visit the Earth Trust website for events, activities and places to visit.
Pendon Miniature Village
Home to a vast miniature railway scene.
- Address : Long Wittenham 0X10 4QD
- Website: www.pendonmuseum.com
- Telephone : 01865 407365
Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary
- Address : Old Didcot Road, Brightwell-cum-Sotwell OX10 0SW
- Website: www.donkeyrescue.co.uk
- Telephone : 01491 833938
Farm animals and falconry, Sprouts Soft Play, Maize Maze.
- Address : Kingston Road, Frilford, OX13 5HB
- Telephone : 01865 392200
Didcot Railway Centre
Steam Railway Museum and Living History
- Address : next to Didcot Parkway Rail Station OX11 7NJ
- Telephone: 01235 817200
- Visit the Didcot Railway Centre website for more information.
River and Rowing Museum
- Address: Mill Meadows, Henley on Thames, RG9 1BF
- River and Rowing Museum Website
- Telephone : 01491 415600
Wallingford’s Entertainment Venue showing theatre, productions, music, pantomime and showcase cinema releases.
- Address: Market Place, Wallingford, OX10 0EG
- Visit the Corn Exchange website for information on what’s on.
Have a go at creating ceramics and decoupage
- Address : 11 St Marys Road, Wallingford, 0X10 0EL
- Telephone : 01491 598818
- Visit the Busy Brush Cafe website for more information.
Abbey Meadows Outdoor Pool
- Telephone: 01491 835232
Snakes and Ladders Indoor Adventure Pool
- Audlett Drive, Abingdon, OX14 3NJ
- Telephone : 01235 522227
Outdoor Adventure Playground for up to 15 year olds.
- Address : Stonor Park, Henley on Thames, RG9 6HF
- Telephone : 01491 638587
- Address : Beaumont Street, Oxford, OX1 2PH
- Telephone: 01865 278000
- Visit the Ashmolean Museum website for more information.
Pitt Rivers Museum
- South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PP
- Visit the Pitt Rivers Museum website for more information.
- Telephone: 01865 270927
Natural History Museum
- Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PQ
- Natural History Museum Website
- Telephone: 01865 272950
Celebrates Story in all forms
- Address: 42 Pembroke Street, Oxford, OX1 1BP
- Visit the Story Museum website for more information.
- Telephone: 01865 807600
- Address : George Street, Oxford OX1 2AG
- Telephone: 0844 8713021 Box Office
Oxford Bus Museum
Bygone Bus Display
- Address : Rail Station, Long Hanborough, OX29 8LA
- Visit the Oxford Bus Museum website for more information.
- Telephone : 01993 993617
Oxford Castle and Prison
A 1,000 castle.
- Address : 44-46 Oxford Castle OX1 1AY
- Visit the Oxford Castle and Prison Website for more information.
- Telephone: 01865 260666
Oxford Ice Rink
Skating for all ages.
- Address : Oxpens Road, OX1 1RX
- Telephone: 01865 305010
Oxfordshire and further away
Includes Dinosaur Gallery and Garden.
- Address :Park Street, Woodstock OX20 1SN
- Telephone : 01993 814106
Swing from the treetops –
- Swinley Forest, Bracknell
- Website : www.goape.co.uk
- Telephone : 01603 8905500
Lookout Discovery Centre
Science and nature activities for kids.
- Nine Mile Ride, Bracknell, RG12 7QW
- Telephone : 01344 354400
Crocodiles of the World
UK’s only crocodile zoo.
- Burford Road, Brize Norton, OX18 3NX
- Telephone 01993 846353
Roald Dahl Museum
- 81-83 High Street, Great Missenden HP16 OAL
- Telephone 01494 892192
Indoor greenhouse of a tropical rainforest.
- Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire, RG18 0TN
- Telephone 01635 202444
- Website : www.livingrainforest.org
Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
- Burford OX18 4JJ
- Website : www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk
- Telephone 01993 823006
- Website : www.buckleburyfarmpark.co.uk
- Telephone : 01189 714002
Coral Reef Waterworld
- Nine Mile Ride, Bracknell RG12 7JQ
- Telephone 01344 862525
Sensory and Learning Centre, all children welcomed but focusing on children and young people with disability and special needs.
- Southcombe, Chipping Norton OX7 5QH
- Website : www.fairytalefarm.co.uk
- Telephone : 01608 238014
- Fernham Road, Longcot Nr Faringdon SN7 7PR
- Website : www.farmergows.co.uk
- Telephone 01793 780555