- Councillor Sue Hendrie (Chairperson)
- Councillor Katharine Keats-Rohan
- Councillor Mike Kidley
- Councillor Deborah Whelan
- Luke Whitcomb, Meetings Officer
- 0 members of the public were present
- 0 members of the press were present
302/22 MEETING PROTOCOL
The Chairman advised attendees of the protocol for the meeting.
Apologies were received from Councillors Hughes, Lester and Newcombe
The District Councillors did not attend.
304/22 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
No interests were declared.
The Committee considered the minutes of their last meeting.
It was proposed by Councillor Kidley, and seconded by Councillor Whelan, and RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 30 August 2022 are a true record, and the Chairman is authorised to sign them.
306/22 ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
The Committee reviewed progress on the actions agreed at the last meeting. Most had been completed or were in progress. However updates on enforcement activity within the town continued not to be provided by the District Council. Both District Councillors had contacted the Enforcement Team encouraging them to respond.
307/22 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public attended or chose to participate
308/22 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The Committee considered the following planning applications.
(a) 4 Barncroft, Wallingford OX10 8HN
Sui generis change of use of the existing 6 person House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) (use class C4) to a 7 person HMO.
It was proposed by Councillor Hendrie, and seconded Councillor Keats-Rohan, and RESOLVED that this application be supported
COMMENT NO. 234872
The following applications were received after the last meeting and required responses before this one. Members had been consulted online and the following had all been supported. (b) and (c) had been proposed by Councillor Hendrie, and seconded by Councillor Lester. (d) had been proposed by Councillor Keats-Rohan and seconded by Councillor Hendrie
(b) 20 Fitzcount Way, Wallingford OX10 8JP
Demolition of existing single-storey side extension. Construction of two-storey side extension and single-storey rear extension.
COMMENT NOS. 220518 & 220519
(c) 21 Egerton Road, Wallingford OX10 0HL
Garden office with WC and bike store
COMMENT NO. 220981
(d) Callever House, 6 High Street, Wallingford OX10 0BP
Alterations to convert the house and Coach house into residential use. Currently a mix of commercial space with a second floor flat
COMMENT NO. 220521
309/22 PRE-APPLICATION DISCUSSIONS
The Committee reviewed their approach to requests for pre-application discussions. Two such requests have recently been received. A protocol had previously been adopted in February 2021.
The Committee affirmed the existing policy, that presentations would be allowed in ‘open’ session and provided that designs were completed, no formal advice would be provided and that prospective applicants should be encouraged to contact the District Council as Planning Authority who were able to provide advice on fee basis.
Councillors Hendrie and Whelan suggested minor amendments to the protocol and these were all accepted.
310/22 PLANNING DISCHARGES
There had been no discharges since the last meeting.
311/22 PLANNING DECISIONS
The Committee NOTED recent planning decisions by South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) which were all in line with the Town Council’s recommendations.
312/22 FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
The following items were identified as future agenda items:
Requests for pre-application discussions by the owners (and their architects) of two sites (Committee to determine how best to respond – see Item 8)
- Upgrade on Cholsey Waste Water – rolling item
- Highcroft (Site B) representatives to update Members at a future meeting (arranged for November)
- Oxford Diocesan Trust Representatives
- Update on planned developments in Thames Street (Nos. 5-7), adjoining the Boat Club
- Katharine Pearce. Senior Planning Officer, SODC, to attend a future meeting to talk about Winterbrook Meadows (Site E) applications (awaiting confirmation of date)
- Updates on enforcement activity, maintaining pressure on the District Council in the light of the failures to respond to repeated requests of the Enforcement Team. Cllr Keats-Rohan to talk to the District Council Cabinet Member for the Environment
The meeting ended at 9.25 pm
Minutes of the
26 September 2022,
signed as a correct record Chairman
2022-09-26 PLA minutes