Litter Bug Detectives Trail 2022
The Litter Bug’s back and we still need detectives on the trail…
From Saturday 6 August to Sunday 4 September 2022 we’re running our FREE Litter Bug Detectives Activity Trails for children across South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse districts (see the list of maps below to find out where they’re taking place).
By taking part you could be in with a chance of winning £20 worth of vouchers for yourself and a fantastic multi-coloured bench (made from recycled plastic) for your school.
Taking part is as easy as 1.2.3.
- Choose which place you wish to visit from the list below. Then download the appropriate map. This will lead you on a 14-stop trail.
- At each stop there will be a poster with a question on waste and recycling. The answers will provide you with a letter each to make three words.
- Email the three-word answer and your name and address to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Sunday 11 September and we will send you a Litter Bug Detective Certificate and enter you into the prize draw. Make sure you have read our terms and conditions (at the bottom of this page).
Win a recycled plastic outdoor bench for your school!
Everyone who completes the trail has a chance to win a rainbow coloured bench – made from recycled plastic for their school! Just tell us your school’s name and address when you send in your answers.
Where are the trails?
The trails will be available in the following places in South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse districts :
(Click on the name of the park to open a downloadable trail map for each area.)
- Abingdon Ock Path
- Didcot – Ladygrove
- Drayton Millennium Green and village green
- East Hagbourne
- Forest Hill with Shotover
- Great Coxwell Barn and footpaths
- Kennington Playfield Road recreation ground
- North Hinksey
- St Helen Without Sandleigh Road recreation ground
- Uffington recreation ground and village
- Wootton cricket ground and Old Boars Hill
- Whitchurch on Thames
Sending your answers to us
You can download the Litter Bug Detectives Activity Trail Answer Sheet below to fill in the answers as you go around.