Visit our vacancies page for further details
Wallingford Parks and Open Spaces
Wallingford Town Council owns and maintains the Bull Croft, the Kine Croft and the Castle Gardens.
As part of our commitment to the climate emergency we have increased our low mow activity. We have added this year (2022) to our low mow areas already set up in Castle Gardens. We have worked closely with our community groups, Wallingford Wildlife Group and Wild about Wallingford.
We had some trial areas last year and this year we have added three more areas :
- Bull Croft – the area under the trees to the left as you walk along path from High Street to St George’s Road.
- Kinecroft – all long the left hand boarder from High Street past the Coach and Horses to the end of the Kinecroft. We also have some amazing cow parsley around the Saxon fortifications which are great for biodiversity.
- The Hot Dog – the land on the left as you leave Wallingford towards Shillingford where the bus stop is. This area will be left apart from the edges so it looks kept. We also plan to plant some spring bulbs here in the autumn.
We will be looking for more volunteers to help with these areas in the near future. Please reach out the wildlife group or to us if you’d like to be involved.
The Bull Croft
Situated in the centre of Wallingford, the Bull Croft is a large park given to the town in 1912.
The Bull Croft includes two children’s play areas, one enclosed and suitable for under 7 year olds and the other suitable for older children.
Tennis Courts, Basket ball courts and football pitches are available to everyone to use free of charge.
The northern end of the park still has some of the original Saxon Banks and ditch which at one time surrounded the town.
Address : Bullcroft, High Street, Wallingford, OX10 0BX
The Bull Croft is open to the public from :
Always open, 7 days a week.
The Kine Croft
The Kine Croft is an area of open grassland that provides a home for events such as Bunkfest, the Festival of Cycling, the Classic Car Rally and Bonfire Night.
For more information about events in Wallingford visit the events calendar.
This site is bounded on the western and southern sides with a continuation of the earthen ramparts.
Address : Kine Croft, Wallingford, OX10 0DT
The Kine Croft is open to the public from :
Always open, 7 days a week.
The gardens were gifted to Wallingford for the quiet enjoyment of local people and offer a peaceful range of places to sit or wander.
The Castle Garden’s is a dog free area with exception of guide dogs.
Please visit the news for an update on the Castle Ruins restoration work being carried out.
Address : Wallingford Castle Gardens, Bear Lane, Wallingford, OX10 8DR
The Castle Gardens are open to the public from :
- 1st October to 31st March – 8:30am until 3pm
- 1st April to 31st May – 8:30am until 6pm
- 1st June to 30th September – 8:30am until 7pm
7 days a week