Visit our vacancies page for further details
To the Members of the Planning Committee
- Councillor Sue Hendrie (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Nigel Hughes (Chairman)
- Councillor Katharine Keats-Rohan
- Councillor Mike Kidley
- Councillor Rosslyn Lester
- Councillor George Newcombe
- Councillor Deborah Whelan
- The Mayor, Councillor Marcus Harris (ex-officio)
- District Councillor George Levy
- District Councillor Sue Roberts
21 September 2022
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Planning Committee on Monday 26 September 2022 at approximately 8.30 pm – immediately after the meeting of the Full Council – in Wallingford Town Hall for the transaction of business as set out on the attached agenda.
Apologies for the meeting should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
1 MEETING PROTOCOL
The Chairman to advise those present of the protocol to be followed for this meeting
To receive apologies for absence
3 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
A councillor with voting rights who has a disclosable pecuniary interest or another interest as set out in our Council’s Standing Orders Code of Conduct (Item 13) in a matter being considered at a meeting is subject to statutory limitations or restrictions under code of conduct and his right to participate and vote on the matter. Guidelines are available at the meeting and all councillors have received a copy prior to the meeting.
To approve the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 30 August 2022 and authorise the Chairman to sign them
- DOCUMENT ATTACHED
- RESOLUTION REQUIRED
5 ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
To review the progress of actions agreed at the last meeting
- DOCUMENT ATTACHED
6 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
To hear from members of the public on any matter on the agenda
We welcome members of the public at our meetings. A total of 15 minutes has been set aside for this. The maximum length for an individual contribution is 10 minutes.
Members of the public who wish to speak at this meeting should email the Meetings Officer at email@example.com
7 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
To consider and make recommendations on the following planning applications
- RESOLUTIONS REQUIRED
(a) 4 Barncroft, Wallingford OX10 8HN
Sui generis change of use of the existing 6 person House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) (use class C4) to a 7 person HMO.
The following applications were received after the last meeting and required responses before this one. Members were consulted online and the following were all supported.
(b) 20 Fitzcount Way, Wallingford OX10 8JP
Demolition of existing single-storey side extension. Construction of two-storey side extension and single-storey rear extension.
(c) 21 Egerton Road, Wallingford OX10 0HL
Garden office with WC and bike store
(d) Callever House, 6 High Street, Wallingford OX10 0BP
Alterations to convert the house and Coach house into residential use. Currently a mix of commercial space with a second floor flat
8 PRE-APPLICATION DISCUSSIONS
To determine our approach when requests for pre-application discussions are requested. Two such requests have recently been received.
9 PLANNING DISCHARGES
There are none to report
10 PLANNING DECISIONS
To note recent decisions taken by the South Oxfordshire District Council
- DOCUMENT ATTACHED
11 FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
To identify agenda items for future meetings.
The following items have already been identified:
- Requests for pre-application discussions by the owners (and their architects) of two sites (Committee to determine how best to respond – see Item 8)
- Upgrade on Cholsey Waste Water
- Highcroft (Site B) representatives to update Members at a future meeting (arranged for November)
- Updates on enforcement action by SODC
- Oxford Diocesan Trust Representatives
- Update on planned developments in Thames Street (Nos. 5-7), adjoining the Boat Club
- Katharine Pearce. Senior Planning Officer, SODC, to attend a future meeting to talk about Winterbrook Meadows (Site E) applications (awaiting confirmation of date)
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be on Monday, 31 October 2022
Distribution: Town Council website and noticeboards
Non-confidential supporting documents may be made available upon request.
We welcome members of the public at our meetings. Any member of the public wishing to speak at the meeting should contact the Meetings Officer in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org