New Government Guidance as of 5th January 2021 – National Lockdown : Stay at home
You must stay at home. This is the single most important action we can all take to protect the NHS and saves lives. You must not leave your home unless necessary.
You may leave your home to :
- Shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person.
- Go to work, or voluntary services, if you cannot do so from home.
- Exercise with your household or one other person, once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- Meet your support bubble if you are legally permitted to form one.
- Seek medial assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm.
- Attend education or childcare – only for those eligible. (Colleges, Primary and Secondary Schools are open only for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term. Early Year settings remain open.) Higher Education provision will remain online until mid-February for all except future critical worker courses.
For more information on what we can and cannot do during the national lockdown please visit the government website : https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Wallingford Town Council
- The Wallingford Town Council Offices remain closed at this time to visitors following government guidance, however you can still contact us via email and telephone : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our parks and playground remain open but you must continue to follow Covid-19 guidelines at all times and use at your own risk. If the area is busy, please go home and revisit at a less busy time.
- Our tennis and other courts are now closed.
- The Town Information Centre is currently closed.
- Wallingford Town Council Meetings will continue to be held online via Microsoft Teams. Agenda’s will be published on our website and in our notice board outside our office. Contact information of who to contact if you would like to attend virtually the meetings is included on our agenda’s (a connection link will be provided). Minutes of our Council meetings will be published on our website once typed up and agreed by Town Councillors.
- The Wallingford Charter Market will still be open on Fridays with essential traders attending only. Please support the traders safely.
Please remember hands, face and space